4.27.2011

Inspiration Board: Muppets


The Muppets, stars of the television series The Muppet Show, as well as numerous big screen movies, often get the short end of the stick when it comes to dessert decoration. They are often overlooked for their older, more popular cousins on Sesame Street, so when I saw these wonderful cupcakes by Cupcake Occasions, I was sooo excited. I'm especially fond of the Beaker cupcake because that's what we used to call my mom when I was an adolescent, not because she spoke in a high-pitched squeak, but because she and the red-haired Muppet shared the same job. After doing some additional Muppet dessert research, I came across the cake below, which was made by Heather and is based on my all-time favorite Muppet movie, The Great Muppet Caper. I was in Muppet heaven.

Animal Cake by Denheath Desserts

5 comments:

Carolyn Jung said...

You just gave me the biggest smile of the day. I'm a huge "Muppets'' fan. I love, love, LOVE these, especially the cupcakes with Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy. Truly adorable!

Katie Yoon said...

They are super cute!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh The Muppets! That brings back so many memories

Pawling Print Studio said...

!!!!! awesome !!!!!

tapping technique said...

These are the cutest! Very artistic! Amazingly clever dessert art! I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...