1.18.2010

Godiva, Tokyo

When I first caught a glimpse of this Godiva store in Tokyo, I was completely awestruck. In this incredible chocolate shop, designed by the Japanese interior design firm, Wonderwall, chocolate covers the walls and drips from melting ceilings, making it like no other Godiva store that I've seen before. It's whimsical and funny and creepy all at the same time! Not bad creepy, but, you know, a sort of Hansel and Gretel creepy, in that you want to eat the walls, but you feel like they might attack you at some point! :-) To learn more about this strange and wonderful store, click here.



6 comments:

Carolyn Jung said...

Wow! I have definitely not seen a Godiva shop in the U.S. to rival that one. Usually, they're just in malls, and pretty unassuming looking. I love the chocolate-dripping walls leading up to the stairs in the Tokyo one. Very artsy.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Wow, that is rather amazing looking I agree! It's so sleek and chic but with an undercurrent of something a bit sinister (not in a bad way but in the same way that Alice in Wonderland/Willy Wonka had that element)! :D

Meagn @ FeastingonArt said...

This is on my 'must visit' list when we finally make it up to Japan. Love it!

dessert girl said...

Lorraine: That's exactly what I was thinking. Very Willy Wonka!

Memória said...

How gorgeous!! Wow. Yet another reason to go to Tokyo!!

Fresh Local and Best said...

I would have died and gone to heaven in this store!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...