6.01.2009

Flavored Salt

I love when people take something traditional and turn it on it's head (well, except for my dislike of altering classic candy that I talked about in an earlier post), so I'm loving all these flavored salts from Barhyte. What a tasty way to jazz up, well, just about anything! I love the logo and colors, not to mention the yummy flavors. The chocolate variety is like the perfect sweet and salty paradise combined into one! Click here to check out the flavors and here to shop online.

You can also get some bacon-flavored salt courtesy J&D's. This particular bacon salt is not only kosher, but also vegetarian, so it would the perfect way for vegetarians to incorporate the bacon trend into their desserts! (I still haven't tried the whole bacon dessert thing, but it intrigues me, even though I'm a vegetarian.)

Btw, they also have bacon-flavored lip gloss for those of you out there who are really really into bacon. Click here to find store locations or to order online.

6 comments:

Tres Jolie Studios said...

I have some heather flavored salt that I don't know what to do with. I am not surprised about bacon flavored salt, they seem to make bacon everything these days!

veggievixen said...

yum, chocolate salt? that is seriously awesome.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Bacon chapstick, hahaha. Awesome. I think that's getting sent to my brother for Christmas this year. When I was a kid he would eat all of my candy flavored ones!

Admin said...

As someone who just published a blog post on chocolate truffles with candied bacon bits, I have no problem with bacon salt whatsoever. :) In fact, I took home a sample-sized bag of it from a trade show. Good stuff. Not sure about the flavored sea salts, though. I'll have to try.

dessert girl said...

Megan: Yeah, I'm almost over the bacon thing . . . almost!

AngelaBeth said...

By the way.. the bacon salt doesn't actually have any bacon in it! It's totally vegetarian friendly! And it's really good. I bought some at my local grocery store :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...